- A woman posted to Reddit claiming that her sister is challenging her and six other women to compete for a chance to be bridesmaids
- The bride-to-be wants them to sign a contract promising to meet a list of demands that requests over a thousand dollars in gifts and services
- The thing is, she isn't even actually engaged yet
An anonymous Reddit user claims to be the sister of a bride-to-be that is making seven of her friends compete for the four spots in her bridal party. But not via some simple favors, this bridezilla’s demands require each person shell out a minimum of $1150 in gifts and other expenses.
According to screenshots of the texts from the bride-to-be, she outlines these requirements in order for the girls to be considered one of the bridesmaids:
- Host a couples party at an actual venue (meaning not a house)
- Give them a wedding gift of either cash or check that’s at least $500
- Buy either her or her soon-to-be groom a “day of gift” with a value of at least $100
- “Attend every shower/party” that the couple holds and hand over an additional gift worth at least $50 for each one
- Sign a contract promising to meet all of the requirements, or else they have to reimburse the couple “for the time we wasted and the stress of causing problems”
Needless to say, Redditors thought the demands were ridiculous, many of them telling the sister to refuse to take part in the “Bridal Party Brawl.” Meanwhile, it turns out the so-called “bridezilla” isn’t really even a bride-to-be, since she hasn’t even gotten engaged yet. She’s just sniffing out bridal party members for her potential wedding.